What to consider when researching a retirement community or assisted living facility:
- Is the retirement community clean and pleasant?
- Do the residents appear happy, vibrant and engaged?
- Are the staff members open and willing to answer my questions?
- Does the retirement community have the health, rehabilitation and treatment capacity to serve my needs, not only for today, but in the future?
- Is there an adequate staff-to-resident ratio, or does the staff seem overwhelmed?
- Are there plenty of activities (both on and off site) to keep residents happy and fulfilled?
- Is insurance and billing easy to understand and transparent?
- Would I want to live there?